Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Future

A variety of thoughts and ideas has spurred this post, including (yet not limited to) Aprille Okimi's latest blog post and my own musings about my future and what I want to do with it.

The first, and most logical step, would be to find another job.  Seeing as that's almost impossible without either degrading myself or becoming a prostitute, I have decided on another idea.  I would love to get my CompTIA A+ certification.   Here is my vision after achieving this goal:
              

And here is what it most likely will be instead:



So, I have my delusional ideals, but I am also realistic in knowing that my ideals are indeed delusional.  =)

I also, once I have achieved my idealistic and delusional job, would like to purchase another monitor (my second is in the mail as we speak.  Huzzah!) in order to have a three screen display in which I can play World of War...I mean, be three times as productive in my -cough- work.


Look at that sexiness!  -drool-

Of course, with all the millions of dollars pennies I'll be making with my job, I'll also buy all the game systems I've drooled over and played yet never owned myself.  YES!

But, realistically, I think I'll stick with getting that certification and actually organizing what I already have, saving money, paying bills, and being "responsible".  I also really do want to take a couple of design classes for both web design and basic graphic design as well.  I would love to be able to use my creativity to create projects even if it is just for my own enjoyment.  I also want to write.  I'm not sure if I could ever actually make money doing it, but I love to write.

And, of course, buying those upgrades for my desktop as I have money.  =)

1 comment:

LadyDraconix said...

I'm loving the new design on your blog. You - not a designer currently - have cycled through several. I - actually a designer - haven't actually changed my blog design to my satisfaction. So yes, I think the chances are that you can achieve your geeky goals!

I hated my limbo time between degrees, but it taught me what I really wanted to do, and going back to school was an incredibly enriching experience because a.) I didn't have to take generals and b.) I had a better idea of what I needed. I have faith that you'll find the right balance!