Friday, April 22, 2011

Games People Play

Cinquain: The cinquain (pronounced sing'kane and translated to mean "five-line poem") is a very popular and enjoyable poetic form.  Although its five lines are governed by very definite rules, there are no limit to the imaginative possibilities.  
 The pattern is as follows: 
    Line 1:   one word for the subject of the poem 
    Line 2:   two words that describe the subject 
    Line 3:   three words that describe some action 
                  of the subject . . .what it does or what 
                  is done to it 
    Line 4:   four words that express an emotional 
                  response of or toward the subject 
    Line 5:   a synonym of the subject. . .one word 
________________________________________

Game
Evil Conniving
Twist Manipulate Tease
Distrust Insecurity Annoyance Bitterness
Society


2 comments:

LadyDraconix said...

I don't think I learned this particular form. I quite like it!

In reaction to the poem itself, I quite agree with the theme. Well-written, well-expressed!

Serenity said...

I remember writing this type of poem in high school english. :) And I agree with Aprille. Well, done. Oh and I love the new background, though I quite liked the previous background too.